Tenants Information

Welcome to Pennine Lettings. Please browse our available properties and if you would like to arrange a viewing or make a general enquiry please contact our office where our friendly and helpful staff will assist you.

We have many quality properties available within the South and West Yorkshire areas suitable for all types of professional singles, couples and families, if you do not see what you are looking for straight away please complete an enquiry form and we can add you to our mailing list.

We can show you around as many properties as you wish and very often have several apartments available within the same development and we will be more than happy to show you all that we have on the market.

Energy Performance Certificates

As from the 1st October 2008, all lettings agents and landlords are required to produce an energy performance certificate to be available to be viewed by any prospective tenant, please enquire if there are any certificates you require to see.

Procedures & Fees

After you have found a suitable property with us, we can usually aim to have you moved in and settled within approximately two weeks, depending on if the property is already vacant. We do carry out referencing and credit checks with a company called Homelet, they will ask you to complete an application form which is then returned to us for checking purposes, we then send this back to Homelet who will contact your employer and current or previous landlord to establish references, our charge for carrying out references and credit checks is £120.00 including Vat per applicant, we do require any person over the age of 18 to be referenced. This charge also covers the administration costs that are involved with referencing prices. This whole process can take anything from 24 hours or so up to two/three weeks, depending on how soon your employer responds. If you are self employed we would need to contact your accountant to verify your earnings. Following the acceptance of your application, we will arrange for a mutually suitable move in date and forward you the legal paperwork to read through carefully before the signing on the day of the handover, you will also be asked to provide two forms of identification and bank details for the standing order. Following the acceptance of your application a move in appointment will be arranged, before you move in you will be requested to pay our Move in / Check in fee which is £60.00 including Vat per tenancy. If you are unsure of any of our procedures please do not hesitate to contact us.

Rent & Bond

You will be required to pay one full month’s rent in advance plus the bond which would be equivalent to six weeks rent, for example rent of £500 pcm the bond would be £700.00. The bond/deposit will be registered with one of the required government tenancy deposit schemes usually the The Deposit Protection Scheme. However some landlords who we act for an let only basis may choose to an alternative scheme. Information of this would be provided to you at the start of your tenancy.

Holding Deposit

We would require to take a holding deposit from any tenants that do not require to move into the property immediately following the completion of satisfactory references, this is security for all concerned, this deposit would amount to 50% of the eventual full deposit and would be non-refundable if you were to change your mind, however this would of course be deducted from your final deposit as soon as your tenancy commences.


We can provide further information on tenants insurance policies that cover both contents and accidental damage, please contact us for further details. We do recommend all tenants should have suitable insurance to protect their belongings.

Full and detailed information form

Please click the link below to download the the full tenants information form that gives a detailed explanation regarding the application procedure to secure a property with us:

Tenants Information Form (Doc format)

Please click the link below to obtain an application form, complete and if possible scan back in and email to us.

Alternatively you may prefer to post the form back to;

Pennine Lettings, 12 St Mary’s Street, Penistone, South Yorkshire, S36 6DT.

Tenancy Application Form (PDF format)


All tenants are expected to pay all the utilities themselves, commencing from the day they take possession of the property this includes council tax, gas, electric , water, TV licence and any other amenity they may require such a phone/broadband line, although we may state that a property has phone line/TV aerial/Cable/Satellite facility we cannot guarantee if this is actually connected, any re-connection fees are due to the tenant to pay. You can find out the expected council tax band of a property at www.voa.gov.uk

Pennine Lettings have teamed up with Tenant Shop to streamline your registration process with the local council, water supplier and energy provider.

Tenant Shop will notify all the necessary organisations that you have arrived and provide your contact information, moving in date and meter readings where applicable.

Data Protection

Tenant Shop Limited acts on our behalf to notify the local council, water supplier(s) and energy provider(s) in line with your tenancy start date and secondly to supply notifications to the local council, water supplier(s) and energy providers(s) from the date that you vacate the property.

Tenant Shop will only use your information for the purpose of council and utility registration, closing of council and utility accounts.

Tenant Shop may contact you by Text, Phone and/or Email to offer you Energy, Insurance (if applicable) and Media comparisons for your new Tenancy.

Call Centre comparisons are completely optional for you (the tenant) and you can opt out at any time by emailing customerservices@mytenantshop.co.uk.

Tenant Shop Limited is fully compliant with the data protection act 1998 and a registered member of the Information Commissioners Office with registration number Z305733X.


We do have a strict no-smoking policy in all of our properties and if you have a pet you are recommended to contact our office to enquire if the landlord will accept animals in their property, this also applies to tenants receiving housing benefit, many of our landlord clients will not accept DSS, please be advised this is not our decision and is at the landlords discretion.